Welcome to We Accuse. This project is named after Emile Zola‘s 1898 “I accuse” letter which blamed the French elite for antisemitism and discrimination. “We Accuse” is an international project aiming to prosecute COVID-19 related human rights violators.
Our goals are as follows:
1. Provide a platform for people to report human rights violations.
2. Supply a blacklist index of companies and individuals engaged in human rights violations.
3. Supply a whitelist of companies and individuals unconditionally respectful of human rights.
4. Someone to talk to: an international mental health support circle for people experiencing difficulties during the COVID-19 crisis.
Things not measured are impossible to manage
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought with it abuse of human rights all over the world. Governments and employers are increasingly coercing people into submitting to medical treatment. Those asserting their right to reject such treatments are facing dismissal from their jobs, loss of access to essential services, and fines. Individuals are detained under mere suspicion of infection, others have their right to travel taken away. These incidents are occurring at an alarming rate, and are not being tracked. A register of these incidents is essential for assessing the severity of the problem, and will help in determining the feasibility of judicial redress. It would also serve as a repository of evidence for cases that do reach the courts.
We Accused is a volunteer run non profitable organization
Concerned citizens – lawyers, analysts, auditors, writers, doctors, academics and the forcibly unemployed are working together on this project. We believe that the future of our world depends on upholding the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948.
We are collecting data and storied of COVID-19 related human rights violations
We Accuse has multiple streams of data collection:
- Reports by people, supported by evidence: this is done via the We Accuse website.
- AI algorithm crawling and analyzing news: this is done by We Accuse AI team
- Analysis of social media posts “as you browse”: this is performed by volunteers operating browsers extensions that “spy” after what is going on in social media.